Friday 22 February 2013

Damart Project: Staying warm but fashionable

This is my first blog and I have decided to talk about my latest garment technology project for Damart.

This is a Leeds University, second year, project that me, and the rest of my year group, are all engaging with. Together we are trying to make Damart's thermal range attract a younger market group. Damart are innovators in the thermal clothing sector however most of their customers are aged 50+ and younger focused brands, such as Topshop, are now designing their own thermal ranges and therefore retracting younger customers away from Damart. Damart are keen to change this and with our fashion help, and a new marketing campaign, I believe they can do it.

Our brief therefore was to design one thermal garment to be worn as an outer and/or an under layer. Each design must aim to attract a younger audience and mix functionality with style.

I designed a dress which features a fitted bodice, capped sleeves with gathers down the front, a waterfall drape at one side of the shirt and tight under shorts to provide the thermal requirements needed in the design. The picture below shows my final flat drawing of the design.

My approved final design 
So what do you think? would you wear it?
Please tell me would you think and I will update you on my pattern cutting and construction progress soon

Zoe xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment